7th Grade ELA
In 7th grade ELA, we will use rich, purposeful, and engaging texts to help students dive deeply into language in order to foster deep analysis, synthesis, and inquiry. There will be a total of 6 units of study:
- Unit One: Crafting Meaning Through Storytelling (20-25 Days, mid-AUG >>> SEP)
- Unit Two: Determining & Developing Central Ideas (24-28 Days, OCT >>> mid-NOV)
- Unit Three: Forming and Supporting Claims (25-29 Days, mid-NOV >>> mid-JAN)
- Unit Four: Analyzing Literary & Historical Texts (26-30 Days, mid-JAN >>> mid-FEB)
- Unit Five: Comparing Authors' Choices (24-30 Days, mid-FEB >>> mid-APR)
- Unit Six: Analyzing and Comparing Form & Structure (25-29 Days, mid-APR >>> MAY)
The 7th Grade curriculum is purposefully aligned to the Common Core State Standards for ELA.
***Please join me at remind.com to receive text messages regarding class notifications, upcoming assessments, and more at: https://www.remind.com/join/6b4cd. Thank you!