As we transition into our online learning please use the following as a guide.
Kindergarten Office Hours:
Mrs. Sturgeon: 9:00-10:00AM, 2:00-3:00PM
Mrs. Dickerson: 9:00AM-10:00PM, 2:00-3:00PM
Mrs. Gresl: Daily: 9:00-10:00AM, 2:00-3:00PM
1) Kindergarten Learning will be housed in Seesaw.
2) Daily attendance, Monday through Friday, will be counted through a check-in activity. This activity will need to be completed on the day that it is assigned in order for students to be counted "present." These will also be on Seesaw.
3) Each week, a week's worth of assignments will be posted at 9 a.m. on Monday. The assignments are due by 8:00 p.m. on the following Sunday evening. On Monday, students and parents will receive an email of the weekly assignments, called the "Kindergarten Remote Learning Plan" that will have all relevant lessons, links, events, etc. EVERYTHING students need is on this document and in Seesaw.
4) The assignments each week are based on the district and school expectations.
5) Contact your teachers at any time! We will be online during our Office Hours, which will be posted in the weekly emails. We will also do our best to respond to all needs in a timely fashion. Email is by far the best communication at this time.
Virtual hugs & well wishes,
Mrs. Dickerson, Mrs. Sturgeon, Mrs. Gresl & Ms. Fox
8:00-9:00 Breakfast and help with a chore around the house.
10:00-10:30- Break! Snack, go noodle, breathing activities, run around the house (outside of course)
11:00-12:00- Lunch, run around the house (outside of course). Help with a chore around the house
2:00-3:00 Science/ Social Studies
Free Learning Websites for Kids:
Here’s a list of some fun, educational, and safe websites for your children to visit and explore!
Scholastic Learn at Home https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome. html?ET_CID=20200322_SNP_ExtraCredit_RemoteLearning_K5_ACQ _28159&ET_RID=1144195340 Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking and growing!
www.switcheroozoo.com Watch, listen and play games to learn about amazing animals.
Nat Geo for Kids www.kids.nationalgeographic.com Learn about geography and fascinating animals!
Into the Book www.reading.ecb.org Go “into the book” to play games that practice reading strategies!
Seussville www.seussville.com Read, play games and hang out with Dr. Seuss and his friends!
ABC YA www.abcya.com Practice math and reading skills all while playing fun games!
Fun Brain www.funbrain.com Play games while math and reading skills!
Storyline Online www.storylineonline.ney
Have some of your favorite stories read to you by movie stars!
Highlight Kids www.highlightkids.com Read, play games and conduct cool science experiments!
Welcome to Kindergarten at Hulstrom K-8!
Please click on the link below to learn more about Standards Based Grading in the Adams 12 Five Star School District.
There is a section that talks specifically about kindergarten.
Kindergarten homework should be 25 minutes nightly. 15 minutes should be designated for reading. This can include reading through their yellow Dolch word books, high frequency word lists, reading bags, baggie books and/or reading for pleasure. 10 minutes should be designated towards their nightly homework packets and/or their daily skill work. We hope that this clears up some confusion. As always, please feel free to contact your child's teacher for more clarification as we all do homework a little differently.
MEMORY BOXES: The children should have at school a shoe box, a letter from their parent, a letter from the child's Grandparent and random pictures. The memory box projct will be a success with your help!