Hello 4th grade families! We hope you are all safe and well during this time. As we move into Remote Learning at Hulstrom, here are a few things you need to know:
1) 4th Grade Learning will be housed in Google Classroom. Students all have active accounts and are very familiar with this platform.
2) Daily attendance, Monday through Friday, will be counted through a check-in activity. This activity will need to be completed on the day that it is assigned in order for students to be counted "present." These will also be in the Google Classroom of your homeroom teacher.
3) Each week, a week's worth of assignments will be posted at 9 a.m. on Monday. The assignments are due by 8:00 p.m. on the following Sunday evening. On Monday, students and parents will receive an email of the weekly assignments, called the "4th Grade eLearning Board," that will have all relevant lessons, links, events, etc. EVERYTHING students need is on this document and in Google Classroom. **Teacher's hours of contact are 8:00 am- 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Please encourage your student to preview their assignment prior to the weekend, as teachers will not be available to help them on Saturday and Sunday.
4) The assignments each week are based on the district and school expectation of 60-90 minutes per week for each content: math, science, social studies, reading, and writing. Grading for eLearning has been adjusted. Please see HERE for more details, or download the PDF "Grading Information" below.
5.a.) Virtual Community: Many activities that we are having students do have them accessing collaborative sites such as Flipgrid, Padlet, Zoom, etc. This is as an effort to help keep them as virtually connected as possible. By commenting, chatting, and posting short videos, we hope to help them stay in touch. Please let us know if you or your student have questions, comments, or concerns with these activities.
5.b.) Sometimes there will be "Live" activities such as read alouds, club meetings, Hulstrom Huddles, etc. These are not mandatory activities. We know that everyone's home schedule is different. They will all be recorded and posted for students to view later, should they choose.
6) Contact your teachers at any time! We will be online during our Office Hours, which will be posted in the weekly emails. We will also do our best to respond to all needs in a timely fashion. Email is by far the best communication at this time. Please only expect email responses between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.