Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
7:35- 7:55 Morning Jobs/Pledge/Warm-up
7:55-8:50 Writing Workshop
8:50-9:05 Brain break/recess
10:40-11:10 Read Aloud and Reading Counts
11:50-12:40 Reading Workshop
12:40-1:40 Specials (Art, Music, PE)
1:40-2:35 Science/Social Studies
2:35-2:50 Planner Notes/Jobs/Homework
*1:45-2:45 21st Century Learning-every P.E. day
7:35- 7:40 Morning Jobs/Pledge/Warm-up
7:40-9:10 Math Workshop
9:10- 9:25 Brain break/recess
9:25-10:20 Reading/Writing Workshop
10:20-11:20 Specials (Art, Music, PE)
12:00-12:20 Read Aloud
12:20-1:10 Science/Social Studies
1:10-1:20 Planner Notes/Jobs/Homework
*9:20-10:20 21st Century Learning-every P.E. day
- Please access the Google Classroom link from the Hulstrom links tab to find homework resources and rubrics.
- Homework is given Monday-Thursday nights.
- Homework assignments are to be recorded by your child in their planner.
- Students will receive nightly homework in math, reading, and spelling.
- Some nights they may have additional review and practice in other subject areas.
- Throughout the year, we will have ongoing projects that will require additional time at home.
- Students should spend approximately 40-50 minutes on homework each night (25 minutes reading and 15-20 on other homework).
- The purpose of homework is:
- To give the student additional practice on a skill.
- To teach students responsibility for completing and returning homework.
- To help the students realize that learning does not just take place in the classroom.
- Children are welcome to bring self-serving items in individual wrappers to handout at the end of the day.
- Please call or send a note with your student prior to the birthday if you plan on sending in birthday treats.
- Also, please keep in mind that food allergies are present in our classroom; therefore, DO NOT send items with nuts.
- The district policy encourages bringing alternative birthday treats; such as pencils, bookmarks, fancy stickers, bouncy balls, or healthy (non-sugary) treats.
- Birthday treats will be sent home, so that the decision to eat/not eat can be made with a parent.