Many student and parent resources for Career/Academics/Personal-Social concerns can be found using the drop down links above or on the left-hand menu.
What programs are happening at Hulstrom? Click here
Below are some specific resources for our parents:
6th Grade Orientation
If you missed 6th grade orientation, or would like to review the information presented, please click here.
Reading, Differentiation, and Resources
Reading is a great way to start a conversation about difficult topics, situations, or feelings. Reading together can also support students in their social and emotional growth and development. Please see the recommended reading lists below from Second Step, the social/emotional curriculum that your students have been learning in class for topical and age appropriate reading materials for students and parents.
What Teachers Need Parents to Know about Differentiation from the Gifted Guru, Lisa Van Gamet
Don't forget to sign up for your IC portal account, if you haven't already. It is a great way to keep track of your student, their attendance, and their progress.
Naviance Student is also a great resource for College and Career Planning for our middle school student and parents. All middle school students have an account.
The Annual Career Expo
- The annual Career Expo is a required field trip for all 8th grade students in Adams 12 Five Star Schools.
- Students are able to meet and talk to professionals from many different fields: hospitality, technology, education, armed services, media, health care, and many more. There are over 100 vendors in attendance at the Adams County Career Expo!
- Permission Slips are sent home through social studies classes and can be returned to Mrs. Brakel or Mrs. Husic.
- Students should wear their ID and dress professionally on the day of the Career Expo.
High School Information
The Choice process is coming to a close and students accepted to special programs are being notified. Be sure to accept the placement of your choice ASAP if you have been notified by a special program or submit your choice application ASAP if you are not planning to attend your home high school.
High School Registration: High School Counselors will be visiting Hulstrom at the end of February (tentatively Feb 22) to go over registration information with students that will be attending their schools. Registration deadlines, registration materials, and information nights will be shared at this time. It is important for student to make every effort to be in attendance at school on this day.
8th Grade Information Nights for incoming 9th graders (2019-2020) to learn more about their school AND turn in their registration materials:
Thornton High School - March 5th
- All Students 6:00pm-7:30pm
Mountain Range High School - March 6th
- A-G 5:00pm
- H-N 5:40pm
- O-Z 6:20pm
Horizon High School - March 4th
- All Students 6:00pm-8:00pm
Northglenn High School - March 5th
- All Students 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Legacy High School - March 4th
- All Students 6:30pm-8:00pm
For more information about specific programs, please see the attached documents below or visit the schools' websites
- More Information about CHOICE
- Thornton High School
- Northglenn High School
- Horizon High School
- Mountain Range High School
- Legacy High School
- Updated Graduation Requirements (class of 2021 and beyond)
Have Questions about any District Program?
- Use the website to browse and find a program: Adams 12 Programs
- If you are in need of community resources such as medical care or insurance, mental health or counseling, vision and dental services, food assistance, and other resources; visit the Student and Family Outreach page.
Would you like more information or other help? Please contact us: