Family Involvement, Engagement, and Volunteering
Welcome to Hulstom’s Volunteer Program!
At Hulstrom, we believe education is a collaborative partnership involving not just teachers and students but also the wider community. Our Volunteer Program provides an opportunity for passionate individuals to contribute your time, skills, talents, knowledge, and enthusiasm towards creating a positive learning environment for all of our students.
Why Volunteer at Hulstrom?
- Make a Difference in Students' Lives: Volunteers at Hulstrom have the power to inspire and empower our students. The presence and support of volunteers has a significant impact on students' academic success, personal growth, and overall well-being while supporting a sense of belonging for all students.
- Support Education: Education is the foundation of a thriving society. Volunteers at Hulstrom directly contribute to the success of our educational programs, helping to enrich the learning experience and create a brighter future for our students.
- Share Your Expertise: Whether you have a background in science, art, music, technology, or any other field, your knowledge and skills can make a real difference in the classroom. Volunteers have the opportunity to share their expertise, spark curiosity, and ignite a passion for learning.
- Building Strong Community Connections: Hulstrom's Volunteer Program fosters a sense of community by bringing together parents, caregivers, and members of the local community. Volunteers connect with like-minded individuals who are able to share a common goal of supporting education and creating a nurturing environment for our students.
- Gain Personal Fulfillment: Volunteering is not just about giving back; it's also about personal fulfillment. Witnessing the growth and accomplishments of students, seeing the impact of contributions, having a strong sense of personal belonging, and knowing you've made a posoitive difference can bring immense joy and personal satisfaction.
How to Volunteer at Our School
Explore Hulstrom's Volunteer Opportunities: Hulstrom offers a variety of volunteer roles to suit different interests, skills, and availability. From assisting in an area of the school to chaperoning a field trip, there are numerous ways you can contribute. A full list of current opportunities is available at the bottom of this page so you can find a role that best aligns with your passions and availability.
Complete the Volunteer Application Process:
- Email Tracy.R.Hilfer@adams12.org for a link to the volunteer video, then watch the video.
- Pass the online volunteer quiz (the link will be sent to you upon watching the video).
- Come into the building to have your driver's license scanned through the RAPTOR system and complete final paperwork.
Once approved, your training will be good for one year. It is your responsibility to ensure your training is up to date.
Although this process will only take about 30-45 minutes total, we recommend you complete the process several weeks before you plan on volunteering at Hulstrom.
Examples of Common Volunteer Opportunities:
Working in classrooms
Working in the workroom
Design, Build, Create Studio (Makerspace)
Field trip chaperons
Talent Development - Share your career or talents in a session for middle school
School special events - class experiences, class celebrations, assemblies, middle school dances, performances, celebration of learning
PTA Board and Committees
PTA events - BBQ, carnival, Trunk or Treat, Holiday Bazaar, and more!